Open Position @ BlueCross BlueShield
Job Title: Finance Systems Support Analyst
Business Area: Finance
Location: Boston-Landmark Center
The successful candidate will support the Customer Financial Management department by using technical development, quality control, and customer satisfaction skills. The Systems Support Analyst works collaboratively with CFM analysts and managers to incorporate technical solutions into billing and receivables operations.
- Responsible for the development & maintenance of Access database, Excel and Word applications to support monthly billing, reporting, and reconciliation of self-bill account financials.
- Program, develop, create and analyze ad hoc and customized reports for Management team
- Support the development and implementation of corporate systems that are integral to the billing and receivable management operations.
- Participate in the identification and development of operational efficiencies and suggest automated process improvements that streamline activities and reduce operating expenses & cycle time while strengthening controls & increasing effectiveness.
- Monitor financial balancing and controls to ensure data integrity, timely invoicing and accurate reporting.
- Participate in cross functional activities requiring technological expertise in support of key corporate initiatives.
- Provide and maintain security database access controls that minimize risk to key production databases. Complete and keep current documentation for production activities that meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements, SAS70 standards and internal Audit expectations.
Experience and Education:
- Proficiency in the development of analytic applications using Visual Basic, SQL, Access, SQL Server, or similar programming experience required. Experience with COGNOS, SAS, .NET, C#, or other tools helpful.
- Database management skills, specifically, query optimization, normalization, integrity constraints, stored procedures, record locking, and security.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently document business requirements and high level system requirements. Ability to collect, manipulate and analyze financial data.
- Proven ability to participate in projects and on teams.
- Knowledge of BCBSMA financial arrangements, billing & receivable processes a plus
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 1-3 years analytical experience. (e.g. systems support, financial analysis, database administration).
- Experience in Insurance and Managed care preferred
If you're interested, contact me.
UPDATE 1/1/2010: This position has since been filled.